CNI Diocese of Delhi
The CNI diocese of Delhi became historically one of the first 19 Dioceses of the Church of North India which evolved from the historic union of the six denominational Churches that took place on 29th November, 1970, at Nagpur. This merger meant that the erstwhile Pre-CNI Diocese of Delhi which was established (being carved out of the Diocese of Lahore) on 21st April, 1947, with Bishop Aurobindo Nath Mukherjee, appointed as the 1st Bishops and which at that time included Sirsa, Karnal, Rohtak, Jind, Hissar district of Haryana and almost the whole of Rajasthan (which remained in the diocese of Delhi till 29th November, 1981 when Rajasthan was carved as a separate Diocese) and along with them also were included rest of the districts of Haryana and Khekhra and Baraut in UP in its territory as one Diocese.
Historically the CNI Diocese of Delhi has its roots in and of different churches with different traditions and different forms of ecclesiastical governance etc., but they all are now one- in union and merger, one tree – the United and Uniting together diocese, with many branches of churches and institutions bearing the fruits of unity, and celebrating their fruits of unity in joint celebrations of witness and service.
Bishop of Delhi:
The Rt Revd Dr. Warris K. Masih
Address: 1 Church Lane, Off North Avenue, New Delhi, Delhi, 110 001, India
Office: +91 (0)112 371 7471
Fax: +91 (0)112 335 8006